Sunday, September 18, 2011

Theen Haftha Ka Chuthi Katham Aur School Shuru!!

So goes a dialogue in the movie Zindagi Na Milega Dubara , dialogue rendered by Hrithik Roshan in a pub somewhere in Seville in Spain .

This dialogue is now applicable for me , as i write this blog , i finish three long weeks of holiday from work. This is the first time in a decade of my work experience i have taken such a long holiday .

This holiday was special , as it marked the occasion of my marriage , i did not know how the three weeks passed , it has passed in a wink .

The chores of these three weeks were very different than any of my previous holidays. This three week period included preparing for the big day both in office and at my home in London. Which meant i had to complete all my office work before i went on holiday and also preparation at my apartment in London where i would welcome my better half, so had to do lot of preparation in anticipation of my new life, it was long hours for more than five weeks leading up to my departure from London.

Apart from the preparations here in London , when i touched down in Chennai, there were a flurry of activities and time was never enough.

I had to hand out invitations to my friends and colleagues who are always special to me and who have always treated me as some one special in their life.

Post the invitation hand out , i had to oblige to the customary state of things during pre nuptial time. Four  days prior to marriage passed in a whiz.

The week post marriage was all consumed either visiting temples to fulfill  my parents prayers to the almighty. Four days of week two went completing all pilgrimage and the rest of the week went about as i had to visit relatives after relatives to pay the customary post marriage respects and have food with them , i never have had so much food in my whole life than in those three days.

Week three was full of making sure that my better half gets accustomed to new country, culture and place. So it was all about making her comfortable by taking her out to super markets, showing her different malls and sitting down and planning, overall week three has made me a guide of a sort to my better half.

Am back to work from tomorrow and its going to be one heck of busy schedule for next few weeks as we lead up to plan and close out quarter four targets prior to year end.

Its going to be fun as i try to balance my new commitments at home and busy schedule at work , am sure i might need some advice from some of my counterparts in the married league , am sure they will lend me some invaluable advice.

Chutti katham aur School Shuru!!

Looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment