Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Marriage Makes Many Things

This phrase has been said numerous times but i never did understand nor accept that Marriage changes a mans lifestyle.

Now i can confidently say it does. I can confirm this from my very minimal experience so far.

How do i confirm this , what better way than take myself as an example.

Prior to my engagement my world was reading books, watching TV specially F1, cooking & of course not to forget the small but the most important activity of all , working !

Ever since engagement , reading has gone through the window, i have struggled to keep pace with reading. I have been pushing myself to complete a book over the last two months.

Apart from reading , F1 has taken back stage , i haven not seen last four races , something that would have been unheard of in the last seven years.  This was all due to lead-up to the big day.

Two of the most important things that i did normally as a bachelor took back stage , so some other things should have taken centre stage.

Yes , there were a few that took centre stage,  i'll try to summarize these .

First of all, i gave lot of importance to becoming lean and fit, not sure why but may be subconsciously i might have been thinking to look and feel good on the big day. I slogged myself in the gym and was pushing myself to be on strict diet, it was no surprise that i refrained from fried and junk foods for more than 3 months and in the process lost a whopping 8.5 Kgs.

With weight taking one part of importance , the other one was managing my finances , notwithstanding my usual thought process of being careful in what i spend, i became even more careful and started planning things in the process. this did benefit me a lot as come closer to the big day i had next to no financial issues, something am very proud of.

So , looking good, being more responsible becoming a part of daily life one more key ingredient became a part of my daily thought process.

Surprisingly and something that is not synonymous to me had happened , i started smiling a lot and becoming more and more romantic.

My daily thoughts were along the lines of  how can i keep my better half happy and which ideas would impress her. Ideas came in a flurry and i did many things which surprised me and for which i never knew i had the guts nor the talent.

As the big day came closer and closer i started understanding what my better half likes and dislikes. One of the most important aspects was cleanliness , i slogged myself to keep my apartment spot on , neat and tidy.

Having said all that and now that the big day has come and gone , i look back and can affirm that marriage has definitely changed me!

Has it changed me for the better , maybe not because i looked at my life differently during phase 1 of my life & now my life is different , I've changed just because my priorities have changed.

So far so good, will i sustain this, only time will tell.

Note:- Sorry that i hadn't blogged for long ,  i will try and be back to normal asap.



2 comments:

  1. Good honest post. Now you know!

    However, as life progresses, priorities change. And it is only sensible that you change to be in sync with your priorities.

    Wish you a Subathra all the very best in this new phase of your lives!

    Cheers!
    Suresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Navin,

    Losing 8.5 kgs is an achievement by itself!! Keep it up (not sure, if you can!!) but dont overdo things just to impress your betterhalf.. try to be natural as possible as it helps in the long run.

    Finances, I know you are not a spend-thrift and you have careful all your life. so continue to focus on that and if possible try to get her involved as well. many a times, it doesnt work out (purely personal experience!)They are happy advising and never executing!!

    ReplyDelete