Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Great Team Makes All The Difference

No this isn't about the Indian cricket team.

So what's this all about,some sort of team work at office? Certainly not.

This is about watching a match as a team.

Last Saturday was a glorious day for two reasons, one the weather was beautiful and two we witnessed one of the best world cup finals.

What made it very special for me was the people around me who made it an occasion to remember.

I had four people visiting me on Saturday to watch the match out of four of them, one was a very close friend of mine , rest were his friends.

I was as excited as everyone to watch the match and also to meet new people. I had made preparations for them to stay comfortably and enjoy the match.

No match is watched without packets of chips and lots of soft drinks to wash down your throat and this was no exception.

With all set for the day, my visitors arrived on a glorious day to find out that Sri Lanka won the toss and chose to bat.

As the game progressed,people who I barely knew until that morning became quite close.

The bond became even stronger during India's chase.We cheered every run scored and rued every wicket.

When Dhoni hit the winning six, we hugged with joy and the noise in the apartment was loud enough to warrant a compliant from the neighbour.

To sum up a great day, we had a sumptuous dinner at an Indian restaurant.

When I returned home from dinner, I felt so happy after a long time.

I truly believe that my day was not only made by India's victory but also by the team along whom I watched it, because it was the team that made the day very special.

I would savour the day and every moment of it.

Not to miss out my friend Rama without whom I wouldn't have enjoyed the day as I did.

Note:- first post from my iPad so do excuse if you spot formatting issues

No comments:

Post a Comment