Sunday, April 17, 2011

Experience of a 3D Movie

Me & movie ? am not joking , Yes i watched a 3D movie for the first time ever yesterday and boy did i like it.

It was my first movie in theatre after a very long time , to be precise after 3 long years. The last movie that i saw in theatre was Kamal hassan's Dasavatharam in London in 2008.

The 3D movie that i saw was titled ' Caves Of Forgotten Dreams' , Its about Chauvet Caves in France and its awe inspiring paintings inside it . These paintings were drawn some 32,000 years ago. Yes 32,000 years ago and still alive.

The movie is a documentary produced by Werner Herzog

Just as the movie begins , the screen lights up to say that we need to wear the special effects 3D glasses. As the ad arrives on the screen , my mind races to think how can i wear another glass over my existing glasses, will it work? I had my own doubts.

I reluctantly wore it just in the nick of time before the movie begun.

I was gobsmacked right in the first scene. The vivd display and real like images on 3D made me sit up and look at the screen in awe.

I was amazed at the technology and the finesse in which the movie evolved, there was no comparison . I had by now turned into a 3D fan and agreed to myself that this technology has set a new benchmark in motion picture displays.

It was as if i was walking into the cave as an explorer. It was so real that i almost thought i was able to touch and feel the caves.

The movie in itself was quite technically brilliant and had wealth of information but for me , the experience of the 3D movie stood out .

Am not exaggerating the experience , i admit it was quite captivating and i have not seen anything even close to it .

My friend Kishore who is a movie buff commented about his experience after watching Avatar in 3D , i just pooh-poohed his review and said it was just his self which was exaggerating the movie experience.

I must admit how wrong i was and 3D is definitely the technology of the future.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolloywood & Kollywood movies are released in 3D , would make it interesting to watch the masala stunt.

It was one of the best experience i have ever had watching a movie.

It made my day. People often ask why is there a need to go for a movie and the standard answer from film connoisseur's to that question is , well its just for the experience of it.

How right they are. Although you will read this blog and think how much i enjoyed the movie but for you to enjoy the same, you would have to walk to your nearest theatre where this movie is running to watch it.


Astounding!

No comments:

Post a Comment