Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holidays

Everyone looks forward to it and am no exception.

I booked my holidays early in september to go back to Chennai. All flights booked, was so eager to be back home and spend quality time at home.

I was so looking forward to it that the joy of looking forward to it just consumed my days leading up to the holidays.

The D day did come, when i reached home the joy for my parents was immense in seeing me after close to six months.

I had thought well this would be one of those trips where i stay back home, relax and eat sumptuous home made food .

How wrong i was ! I had ten days in hand and a zillion odd people to meet and truck loads of activities to complete before i was back.

The immense pressure to make sure that i meet everyone who i needed to was driving me crazy.

To be honest i already knew i had no chance to meet everyone.

Finally my holidays was over even before i could really enjoy it.

Having said that , i did learn something important. We are very close knit society , when i say 'we' i mean Indian's.

Why do i say it. I was stuck by the number of people calling me and speaking to me and asking me how i was doing.

Its amazing to see , even how old colleagues also call you and wish you luck and ask about how you were doing. I was stuck on how many people invited me for lunch and dinner. Fantastic.

Now iam back and sitting in my apartment and writing this blog , i truly miss my home and people.

Although it was a frenzied trip but there was beauty in that chaos and warmth in all the hurry.

To round it up, in all this pace of my holidays i completely forgot what had happened in office , nobody contacted me and my blackberry wasn't working .What more could i have asked for .

I didn't relax but i did enjoy all the company. I must admit, i am so overwhelmed to see so many well wishers. Some times staying away shows oneself the true worth of people around.

Take care.

Note:- Sorry for not blogging for close to a month, now you know the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment