Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valuable Lessons Learnt

I am a big fan of learning by travelling and i firmly believe that travelling teaches you a lot.

No better way to put this to test than to see it in action.

I am staying in a hotel on a business visit . Yesterday, as usual got bored and did not venture out to eat anything , so ordered stuff via room service.

After 30 minutes of patience, the door bell rang and i see this room service person carrying a huge tray with my food ,not that i ordered for so much. I began to think well that should be an easy job for him.

He left the food on the table , food was crap and after i half finished the food, i said to myself enough was enough so now let me leave the food tray outside as adviced by room service.

So here i am carrying this big tray and as you could imagine in a blip i dropped the whole tray and my room was in complete mess.

Lesson One - Never Take any ones job for granted , only when you try it ,you'll know what it takes to do it.

Then i called the room service and said i need my room to be cleaned . After couple of minutes a lady came.I was now cautiously thinking well should how would she clean this mess.

Believe me or not in ten minutes with absolute precision , she cleaned all the broken glasses and the food that was strewn all over the place .The room was back to its usual self,spick and span.

She cleaned all the mess in my room , turned around to me and said sir,are you happy that your room is now ok!

I was just dumb struck, i went over and thanked her and opened the door for her so she could carry her stuff out.

Lesson Two - If one has dedication to his or her job, any job is enjoyable .

Very valuable lessons learnt.

2 comments:

  1. You messy fellow! But the two lessons are very true and valid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lessons are valid but on point no. 2, at times you cant simply get it.. do you get what I am trying to say??

    ReplyDelete