Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reunion

What better thing can one get in life than revisiting one's fond memories. That's exactly what happened to me today. 

It is hard to quantify in words the emotion that ran in me today , i can only summarize it in one word.It is pure joy.

The story goes like this, a close friend , a batch mate of mine from college called me on my mobile a week back. I was surprised to see his number and with full of enthusiasm i took the call. What was more surprising was that he was extremely polite,which is seldom the case. Something was not ok.

I just had to wait only a few moments before he uttered the word , "I am Getting Married" and the call was for me to be at his wedding reception.

What a moment in a friends life , i said to him i'll surely be there. My mind said finally someone has come to rag him :)

Day came , that was today and was pleasant to see four of  my mates, we are six,one could not come and other was the "Man for the occassion". 

It was pleasant to see all of them and what was more to repeat what we used to do in college. It was typical of us to crack jokes,while away time ( as does most of the college students and we were no different) and eat,how just buy one plate of what ever it was and share it amongst the six of us.

It was awesome to repeat the last one in the marriage hall,entire heads turned around to see what these four buggers were doing  ,we just did not care .We were on our own laughing to our hearts content and pulling (read as bullying) each other.

It was fun , did not even realize how two hours went by .

When i was traveling back home , i realized how much happiness those two hours gave me and how much i smiled.

In this fast paced world ,little do we realize how much relationships matter and how precious such times are.Its a blessing to have people around and its even more joyful to revisit memories.

I urge all of them to at least take some time off to meet up with friends and share your good times.It is worth every penny.

After all humans are made up of emotions and live on memories so why no revisit fond memories as often as possible.



2 comments:

  1. I will, when I am in Chennai at the end of this month.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Naveen.. you really enjoy every moment of re-union and there are so many things to talk home about. You feel really happy and it seems that that is life all about!!!

    ReplyDelete